Total Pageviews

Friday, November 26, 2010

Nap transitions...

Now that my daughter is 4 1/2 months old, she is able to stay up for about 2 hours before hitting the wall. After joining civilization during mama groups, visits with friends etc., I noticed when I kept her up longer, she would crash for a 2 hour (instead of 1 hour nap). Apparently, most of my friends babies the same age are already doing 2 long naps a day.... After some huge meltdowns after putting her down at the usual hour and a half wake time, I have been keeping her awake longer. So far so good...sometimes hour and a half naps or two.

According to 'Healthy Sleep Habits', babies older than 4 months need longer naps, naps under an hour do not count as naps at all (ie: not restorative).
  • Annoying new skill---she can take out her soother, but cannot put it back in (wails until put in by mama;(

No comments:

Post a Comment